The Washington State Pharmacy Association exists to advocate on behalf of its members to ensure pharmacy professionals are engaged and valued as essential to the healthcare team to optimize patient outcomes. (Adopted 11/2014)
All pharmacy professionals are utilized in all practice settings to improve the health and well-being of all patients in Washington State. (Adopted 11/2014)
Devoted To Our Mission And Serving Our Members
We are committed to responding to our members’ needs while demonstrating visible leadership and innovative thinking.
Advancing Quality, Safety and Optimal Patient Outcomes
We are dedicated to the highest level of excellence and are committed to improving medication use and advancing patient care. We strive to support optimal medication and therapy outcomes by encouraging healthy lifestyles, promoting public health, and providing education to our membership and communities.
Integrity And Accountability
We endorse trustworthy and transparent behaviors and are accountable and responsible for acting ethically and honestly.
Collaborative and Accessible
We provide opportunities for our members to meet, communicate, collaborate, and partner within the pharmacy profession and the healthcare community.
Download - Washington State Pharmacy Association Strategic Plan (Adopted 11/2014)
Goals & Objectives
Cultivate opportunities for our members to thrive into the evolving health care system.
- Lead initiatives that create sustainable business models
- Improve access for patient care services in all health care settings
- Foster innovative care models that utilize pharmacy personnel at the top of their licensure
- Ensure appropriate medication use and optimal patient outcomes
- Highlight the importance of patient safety continuous quality improvement initiatives and foster opportunities to improve community health
Serve as the unified voice of the pharmacy profession to guide healthcare policy.
- Foster legislative efforts and government relations
- Encourage grassroots engagement
- Cultivate and support pharmacy champions serving in public office
- Collaborate with Washington State Pharmacy Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Council (LRAC)
- Influence payers and other decision makers
- Recognition of pharmacists as health care providers
- Unite the profession and build alliances
- Promote public and professional awareness to highlight the value of our members
Serve and Grow Membership
Represent the entire profession by providing services and benefits to enable our members to be engaged in the future of pharmacy.
- Professional development and mentorship
- Student support and development
- Workforce competency
- Opportunities for engagement and networking
- Membership satisfaction
- Member service
- Membership benefits
Collaboration in the Profession
Provide venues which promote and facilitate collaborative efforts with various partners.
- Heathcare teams
- Other providers
- Universities and technical training programs
- Healthcare associations/organizations
- National affiliates
- State and local associations
- PQAC and other regulatory agencies